A hacker or an ethical hacker is an expert individual with exceptional technical skills with a thorough understanding of detecting and taking leverage of certain loopholes in target network. Hackers are crucial professionals in the IT industry since they support and resolve issues in every computer system.
An ethical hacker is supposed to correspond with the regulations of the targeted network or system as well as the legal order to get access to the target network or system’s security stance. The networking system and cyber security are two of the hacker’s primary responsibilities. People who prefer working in a demanding atmosphere thrive in this sector, and it turns out that you can become an ethical hacker after completing your schooling or graduation, preferably a degree that involves computer networking and so forth.
How to Become a Hacker After BCA?
It’s easier to pursue ethical hacking after BCA as it involves lessons about computer networking, programming, fundamentals, Operating Systems, and more. It comes in handy when you are learning ethical hacking as the knowledge that you gain while pursuing BCA is mandatory to pursue ethical hacking. You can learn ethical hacking before getting your BCA, but the value of computer knowledge you gain while getting your BCA will be far more beneficial in any ethical hacking courses, as ethical hacking simply means imitating the purpose and behavior of cybercriminals by finding loopholes or shortcomings in computer and IT systems. Finding a hacking course after BCA is not rocket science. All you need to do is to find a relevant course that teaches you all the necessary components that you might need as an ethical hacker, but not what you have already learned in BCA.
Prerequisite to Become a Hacker After BCA
There are a certain set of skills that you need to have in order to become a hacker after BCA. Of course, you must begin by pursuing an ethical hacking course after BCA. The need to have an ethical hacker in today’s IT firms is an utmost priority to keep them from any dodgy cyber-attacks and malicious hackers. They need to support and protect their technology and build a system strong enough to not be affected by any external threat. To do so, the companies need a hacker or an ethical hacker.
An Ethical hacker must have-
- Significant knowledge about networking and computer skills. This is a non-negotiable skill that a hacker ought to have as hacking entails utilizing computer systems and networks to identify latent jeopardy. Thus, you need to be familiar with every bit of a computer, networking concepts, killing a thread and a process, and more, and commands like OSI Model, MAC addresses, routing, etc.
- As a hacker, you must have significant knowledge of operating systems like Red Hat, Ubuntu, Linux, and more as these skills assist in identifying cyber breaches and errors. These skills are necessary if you want to receive your Certified Ethical Hacker certificate. You can also pursue a Knowledgehut ethical hacking course that specializes in ethical hacking, programming languages, cyber security, and more.
- A hacker must have the skill of diffusing testing techniques and tools as this domain helps in detecting weaker links in the networking system. Various ethical hacking courses offer a wide range of lessons on learning how to perform penetration of difficult methodologies and tools.
- If you have a strong grasp on coding languages, you can succeed as an ethical hacker. Get formal training in reading and analyzing codes and learn programming languages like Python, C++/C, or BASH to help achieve your goals of hacking.
- Another significant skill is that you need to make sure that any communication between the people in your organization is not compromised. Cryptography or encryption is the process of converting text messages into a cipher text, so that if they are intercepted, hackers will be unable to read them.
Topics You Learn in Ethical Hacking
There are certain significant topics that you must learn in Ethical Hacking are-
- Computer networking skills
- Linux and Programming Skills,
- Social Engineering
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Basic Hardware Knowledge,
- Reverse Engineering,
- Cryptography or Encryption
- Database Skills and Problem-solving skills.
- Session Hijacking
- SQL Injection
Programming Languages for Ethical Hacker
Hacking is a term that signifies exploiting a network in order to access important information. If done correctly, you can prevent cyber-attacks and malicious viruses. To become an ethical hacker, there are some programming languages that you must learn. These languages help in understanding and analyzing coding, assist in penetrating objective fields, and attain access to hardware, website, and cross-site scripting. Some of the significant programming languages necessary for an ethical hacker are-
It’s a general language that is used in exploiting scripts and malicious programs. It’s easy to comprehend language as it uses syntax, making it useful for beginners. It works better if you are opting for an ethical hacking course post BCA as you can further enhance your knowledge faster.
PHP or hypertext preprocessor is a language that acts as a programming language for building websites. It helps the hackers to understand all the techniques used in hacking the web. This language also lets you guard your networking system against malicious attackers. PHP can also be used to develop unique software that modifies a web server and makes it vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
One of the most significant programming languages, SQL helps in understanding the structure of the database, web hacking; and carries out SQL injection attacks. Hackers deploy SQL to generate several SQL injection-based hacking solutions. SQL injection attacks allow hackers to read and edit sensitive data stored in databases.
C is widely used in cyber security since it facilitates authoring and improvement. To manage operating systems and technical tools like RAM, many hackers employ C programming languages. Learning this language will also aid hackers in getting a greater understanding of the operating framework. Furthermore, the C programming language is used to develop shell codes, root kits, key loggers, and malware detection. An ethical hacker must be familiar with both the C and C++ programming languages.
Courses/Diploma You Need to Do After BCA
As mentioned above, it is not rocket science to learn ethical hacking. If you are already familiar with the basic concepts, then you can easily opt for the ethical hacking course after BCA. All you need to pursue is an Advanced Diploma in Cyber Security and receive your cyber security certification. This way, you can be a certified ethical hacker after BCA.
To summarize, organizations require cyber security now more than ever because hacking is the quickest way to compromise a company’s security. As a result, they need to safeguard their methodology, which necessitates the use of an ethical hacker. The need for hacking courses is booming, and all you need to do is get a hacking certificate and learn all the required skills to become a hacker. The possibilities are only going to grow in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is BCA good for hacking?
BCA will provide you with basic knowledge in software and hardware networking and familiarize you with certain technical terms and techniques. However, you still need an advanced course to become a full-fledged hacker. A professional course and certification are necessary to get the right opportunities as a hacker.
2. Can I become Cyber Security after BCA?
Yes, you can go for the masters’ degree in Cyber Security after BCA, which is a great option. If, however, you do not wish to get a masters’ degree, you can opt for some high-level advanced courses in Cyber Security from either online or a verified institute.
3. Which degree is best for ethical hacking?
To begin with, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications or Cyber Security is necessary to be an ethical hacker. Furthermore, you can go for high-level ethical hacking courses from reputed institutes to gain upper-hand knowledge about cyber security, programming languages, research, etc.
4. Can I become an ethical hacker after MCA?
Yes, you can become an ethical hacker after MCA. You can easily apply for an ethical hacking certification after completing your master’s in computer applications to gain a comprehensive knowledge of hacking and get certified as a hacker.
5. What is an ethical hacker’s salary?
A Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is eligible to receive a handsome payout due to the integrity of the nature of this job. A fresher CEH can earn around INR 3.5 LPA minimum which is roughly INR 29k to INR 41k per month. An experienced ethical hacker with more than 10 years of experience can earn INR 27 LPA, which makes it one of the most desirable jobs at present.